We love to do pork loins because they’re so versatile and reasonably priced. It’s all meat and no waste, and you can stuff them so many different ways. We’ve used our favorite recipe box stuffing mix with all kinds of different add-ins, leftover mashed potatoes with vegetables or some interesting leftovers. This time we used mild sausage, but hot sausage works really well, too.
|Prep Time:||45 Minutes|
|Cook Time:||14 Minutes|
|• 2 boneless pork loins, about 2 lbs. each|
|• Rice a Roni, prepared as below, divided in half|
|• 2 cups broth. I like mushroom but chicken or beef works, too|
|• 2 cups cilantro, chopped|
|• 1 cup garlic, chopped|
|• 1 lb. bulk sausage|
|• Grandville’s Original Pineapple Gourmet BBQ Sauce|
|• Grandville’s Original Cajun Kick Gourmet BBQ Sauce|
|• 1 cup pineapple bits, drained|
|• 1 cup pecans, chopped|
|• 1 cup raisins|
|• 2T. red pepper flakes|
|• 1 T. chipotle powder|
|• 2 t. ground white pepper|
|• 1 T. Worcestershire sauce|
- Butterfly the pork loin by slicing down the center lengthwise. Be careful not to cut completely through.
- Fry sausage in deep saucepan (less grease splatter) until no longer pink. With a slotted spoon, transfer meat into a large bowl. Discard all but two tablespoons of the drippings. Add rice stirring until golden. Add broth, seasoning packet, cilantro and garlic, bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 25 mins. Uncover, and stir in cooked sausage.
- Divide rice mixture in half. In the first bowl add Fruit.
- If you prefer, instead of pineapple & pecans, you can use peaches and macadamia nuts. Have fun with your personal fruit and nut combinations.
- Blend ingredients and spread onto first pork loin. Tie closed with string.
- In the second bowl of rice, add Seasoning.
- Mix and spread as above but, after tying with string, lay strips of bacon around the meat.
- Place the pork loin directly onto the grill and just let it hang out in the smoke and get happy for 30 minutes or so.
- After 30 minutes, turn the digital control up to 250 degrees. This will give you a temperature around 300 at the stack or dome thermometer. Just let it go for 1 'A hours.
- After an hour and a half brush on your BBQ sauce. Steve from Grandville’s Gourmet BBQ Sauces had sent us some really nice sauces to try. Tonight we used Pineapple and Cajun Kick. These sauces are so good you can eat them with a spoon. (And we have lol)
- When your internal temp reaches 145 degrees you are good to go.
Source: Date Night Doins